Cult of Pop

Just rambling from my child of the 80s mind about movies, tv, music, comics, toys, games, work... whatever is floating around in my dome at any given moment.

Monday, November 27, 2006

My Life in WoW - Part 3

After WAY too many hours spent this past weekend playing WoW, I reached a point where I was supposed to battle some badasses outside of the Tower of Althalaxx. I was warned before my quest not to enter the Tower, as the badasses INSIDE the Tower were much more powerful than the badasses OUTSIDE the Tower.

Upon encountering the badasses outside of the Tower and getting my ass handed to me several times, I decided to hold off on this particular quest for a bit. After all, one's hands start to chafe after using the glowing green stuff to continually resurrect Barrengeist.



So what does one do in WoW when one does not feel like attempting to complete a quest that has repeatedly proven itself to be an unfruitful venture?

How about learning a new skill like, say, fishing?


Fishing was very relaxing, and it offered Schatengeist a way to provide food for Barrengeist without having to spend his hard earned Copper and Silver buying it from a vender!

After that, we found a nice bed in an Inn and took a little nap.


Once awake and feeling refreshed, it was off again to explore the land! But hoofing it and hitching Hyppogriff rides are not the only way to get around in WoW. There are also large ships that traverse the vast seas, taking you off to distant lands.

I really wanted to make Schatengeist throw out his arms and scream "I'm the king of the world!", but that apparently isn't an option currently available (I'm emailing Blizzard, the games developers, and putting in that suggestion), I had to settle for sitting on the ledge of the ship and enjoying the ride.


Boat rides can be long, and Barrengeist was starting to get sea-sick, so we went below decks and sat down for a while.


Eventually, we made it to the new land. The problem was, the new land was in turmoil. You see, the land I'm typically in is Alliance land, meaning the only other players you typically find are part of the Alliance. (i.e., they can't attack you) However, this new land is highly contested, with both Alliance and Horde folks running around, all of them averaging out at level 30 and higher. A lowly level 15 like Schatengeist didn't stand a chance! So I quickly turned around, re-boarded the boat, and made my way back home...

Screw these distant lands and high leveled players who are just waiting to stomp my ass... Tower of Althalaxx, here we come!

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 1:32 PM , Blogger SNAKE HUNTERS said...

WoW!

A brilliant, active mind creating
Hi-Impact Visuals!

May I introduce our Reality Weblog?

I rather suspect that you are also
capable of Insightful Comment. If you find a post that stimulates a
response, please record a first name & town. Try History post. reb

www.lazyonebenn.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home