Cult of Pop

Just rambling from my child of the 80s mind about movies, tv, music, comics, toys, games, work... whatever is floating around in my dome at any given moment.

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Everything is Cyclical

So I often here people talk about how life is cyclical... I don't mean in the Buddhist Wheel sort of wy, either. I'm talking trends, fads, fashions, etc. -- all of the stuff you find in those trash magazines in the checkout aisle of the grocery store.

When I was in college, it was cool to act as though the 70s were back in style... meaning everyone listened to the Grateful Dead and wore tie-dyes.

I see teenagers walking around now as if they're living in "Pretty in Pink" or something. Hoenstly, you see high school dudes cruising the mall sporting a bright pink polo shirt with the collar turned up like some James Spader screaming preppy asshole character. It's incredible...

So here's what I'm wondering: If all of these fads and fashions and shit come back into style in this cyclical patter, when will The Curly Shuffle make its comeback? I used to dance around the house to that shit like a child posessed! And I'm lookin' to do it again...


Here's my dilemma... Do I try to blaze the trail and bring that shit back into style on my own... essentially try to force the Curly Shuffle circle back in this direction? Or do I wait it out and let nature take its course and bring it back on its own?

Either way, just you wait until I can step into a club and in the same night bust out some Curly Shuffle and a little bit of Kid 'n Play's step-kickin' moves!


Damn skippy, playaz!!
~ S. Rick

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home