Cult of Pop

Just rambling from my child of the 80s mind about movies, tv, music, comics, toys, games, work... whatever is floating around in my dome at any given moment.

Friday, June 16, 2006

Geek Born or Geek Made?

I often wonder if I was born a Geek, or if societal demands, home-life, and other outside forces "made me" a Geek...

Then I find pictures like this, and it's really not much of a question anymore...


I would LOVE to be able to laugh at the 2 Geeks in this picture, but that would be self-defeating. You see, that cat on the left, he's Bart -- my best friend and production partner.

And this handsome devil right here? Yep, that's me... So when it comes to Geek-dom, the nature vs. nurture argument can be put to bed. I've been a goddamn Geek my entire life! At least now I can live like a Geek openly, without much fear of ridicule. After all, Geek is the new cool, isn't it?

Well... isn't it?

3 Comments:

At 5:53 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 5:55 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Let's get one thing straight. I did not raise a Geek, I don't have what it takes to develop such a high form of intelligent intellect. There is definitely a geek gene in the gene pool somewhere. I know several of your Uncles that have a prominent geek gene. Take Uncle Dick or Uncle Bob for example. They were geeks before there was a name for it. Definitely in the genes. Danm, you got all the good genes!

Dad

 
At 6:55 AM , Blogger S. Rick said...

What are you talking about?? Of COURSE you raised a Geek! In fact, I'm convinced that you are the ORIGINAL Geek!!

I don't know anyone else who's Dad had a computer that you had to actually type the code in for any programs you want to run. Plus, we were on the internet before it was called the Internet... I was online gaming through the Sierra Network before there WAS online gaming...

You introduced my love of movies (and really all things Pop Culture). So don't try to back out of this, mister. I am a Geek, and a mirror image of my father. (and both of those things are pretty fuckin' good in my book!)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home