Cult of Pop

Just rambling from my child of the 80s mind about movies, tv, music, comics, toys, games, work... whatever is floating around in my dome at any given moment.

Thursday, June 15, 2006

The Great Outdoors

Believe it or not, even a self-professed geek like myself actually puts down the action figures, steps away from the computer, and ventures out of the house for something other than to purchase the newest DVD releases on a Tuesday...

Yes, yours truly likes to go fishing. I know, I know... it doesn't seem to fit. Well, nothing about me fits into a neat little package with a label. Let me put it to you this way:
  • I'm 29 years old.
  • On June 20th I will have been married for 8 years.
  • I have 2 kids (7 and 3 years old).
  • I have over 20 tattoos.
  • I currently have a mohawk.
  • I collect action figures.
  • I work as a web/graphic designer for a payroll company.
  • I'm an independent filmmaker.

Does any of that fit into a neat little package? Nope. And that's just the way I like it!

But back to my point... Wait, did I have a point? Hmmm...

Anyhoo, I dig fishing. A good buddy of mine has a boat (I wish I had a boat...), and he's big into fishing. So a few years back, he got me into fishing. Now, granted, I'm no good at fishing. I stink. I rarely catch anything. But something about being out on a boat on Irondequoit Bay (off of Lake Ontario) on a gorgeous Summer day is just... great. Fish or no fish, it's relaxing as hell.

Well this week, in proof that the sun shines on every dog's ass some days, even the tattooed geek who sucks at fishing caught something!















Here I am holding onto my Sheephead (it's a type of Bass). It's no prize winning fish, but I was happy as hell with it! We throw back everything we catch, and this one was a good one to throw back because it's still really young. Now he'll have a chance to grow, and I'll have a chance to hook his ass again!

In other news, my production partner (and best friend) Bart is coming over this evening, and we're going to be cutting together a trailer for our latest film titled Guiding Finn. Once the trailer is complete, I'll post a link to it here. Until then, check out other trailers from our flicks on our official website: www.indiehorizon.com.

Later,
~ S. Rick

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home